Is your watchlist getting smaller and smaller? Are you in the mood to try something new? Your favorite streaming platforms have something just for you! And we have the scoop on the anticipated titles of the month!
From Netflix to Hulu to Disney+, you’ll find something worth waiting for!
What’s Streaming on Netflix
Netflix always has your back, with plenty of new content to try. Are you in the mood for something animated? Something based on a comic? There’s a little bit of everything:
- Super Giant Robot Brothers S1 (Aug 4): In a world of giant robots, two discover a family connection they never knew about and band together to defend Earth against intergalactic evils!
- The Sandman S1 (Aug 5): Based on a comic series by Niel Gaiman, this live-action series follows Morpheus, the personification of dreams, as he escapes confinement and goes on a quest for his objects of power.
- Day Shift (Aug 12): Bringing together the talents of Jamie Foxx, Snoop Dogg, and Dave Franco, this story follows a father trying to provide for his young daughter — by killing vampires!
- Look Both Ways (Aug 17): Natalie is about to graduate college and goes out into the world. But, her life is divided into two parallel worlds — one where she becomes a mother and another where she follows her career dreams.
- Uncharted (Aug 19): Starring Mark Wahlberg and Tom Holland, join them as they band together to track down one of the world’s oldest mysteries and get the treasure worth $5 billion.
- Lost Ollie (Aug 24): There’s nothing worse for toys than becoming one of the Lost, and that’s where Ollie finds himself after his owner leaves him behind. Now he must try to find him, except he’s been kidnapped by other toys!
- Me Time (Aug 26): After finally getting some “me-time” to himself, one Dad reconnects with a friend for a wild weekend that might be more than he can chew!
What’s Streaming on Hulu
Looking for what’s streaming on Hulu? You’re in the right place!
- Reservation Dogs S3 (Aug 3): Season three of this comedy series is finally here! Join the gang as they continue navigate reservation life.
- Prey (Aug 5): Rethink all you think you know about the Predator world with this prequel film, following a skilled warrior as she fights to protect her tribe against a never-before-seen foe — the Predator.
- Trolls: TrollsTopia S7 (Aug 11): Your kids will rejoice in another season of TrollsTopia as they follow more of Poppy’s adventures!
- Dragons: The Nine Realms (Aug 18): Who’s ready for more dragons? This How to Train Your Dragon spin-off continues as a group of kids does what they can to protect the world of dragons.
- The Patient (Aug 30): Recently widowed, a psychotherapist finds himself trapped by a serial killer with a strange request — to help him stop his homicidal urges. Starring Steve Carell, this thriller is unlike the others you have seen.
What’s Streaming on Prime Video
If you’re looking for something new to stream on Prime Video, we have you covered. From comedies to superheroes, there’s a little something for everyone!
- The Outlaws S3 (Aug 5): From the mind of Stephen Merchant, strap yourself for some more comedy following a group of “outlaws” that still have more community service to do.
- Thirteen Lives (Aug 5): You might’ve heard the news story; now see it for yourself as this biographical drama recounts the story of a soccer coach and his team as they are trapped in underground caves in Thailand.
- A League of Their Own (Aug 12): Ever wish you could see more to the original story? Now you can with this comedy series peeling back the layers of America’s first professional women’s baseball league during WWII!
- Making the Cut S3 (Aug 19): Tim Gunn and Heidi Klum are back at it again — seeing which of this new batch of talented designers makes the cut to become a global phenomenon.
- Samaritan (Aug 26): Crime is rising, and the city’s beloved superhero is long gone — or is he? Follow Sam Cleary as he tries to find out if his reclusive neighbor is the long-lost legend hiding in plain sight!
What’s Streaming on HBO Max
HBO Max has a massive roster of titles, and even more are coming your way!
- Industry S2 (Aug 1): The investment bankers and traders are back for more as they try to make their way in a post-2008 financial collapse.
- Hard Knocks: Training Camp with Detroit Lions (Aug 9): Want to know more about the Detroit Lions? See how these athletes train and prepare for the gridiron in this docuseries.
- House of Dragon (Aug 21): Finally, it’s here; the long-anticipated prequel to the Game of Thrones, following the civil war of the House of Targaryen, also known as the “Dance of Dragons.”
What’s Streaming on Disney+
After finishing Ms. Marvel last month, we’re all a little sad. But not for long! Two Marvel titles are coming your way and two Star Wars titles!
- Lightyear (Aug 3): Learn more about Buzz Lightyear than ever before with this epic animated movie as a marooned Buzz encounters the workings of the evil Emporer Zurg!
- LEGO Star Wars: Summer Vacation (Aug 5): It’s time for our beloved Star Wars heroes to have a break and enjoy their summer vacation, but things don’t go according to plan.
- I Am Groot (Aug 10): Who doesn’t need more Groot in their life? Exactly. And these series of shorts deliver, showcasing the days in the life of Groot.
- She-Hulk: Attorney at Law (Aug 17): Jennifer Walters is an accomplished attorney with a slight complication in her life — she can turn into a 6-foot-7-inch superpowered hulk! Oops.
- Andor (Aug 31): Set 5 years before the events of Rogue one, follow the life of Cassian Andor as he forges on his path to making a difference and joining the still-new rebellion against the Empire.
Get the Popcorn Ready!
Now that you know more about what’s streaming on your preferred platforms like Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, Prime, and Disney+, it’s time to start binge-watching! But there’s one thing you need to ask yourself before bringing out the popcorn — is your TV or home theater in tip-top shape? If not, don’t wait one more second; Toton’s TV has what you need to stream in style!
Have any questions about your home theater? Give us a call! Our experts have all the deets you need to feel like you’re in the middle of the action!