Well, it’s that time of month again, folks. Time to add more shows and movies from your favorite platforms to your never-ending watchlist! With Halloween around the corner, thrillers and mysteries are at the top of the release list…but that doesn’t mean there isn’t something for you hopeless romantics, too!
Without further ado – let’s see what Netflix, Disney+, and Prime Video have in store for you!
What’s Streaming on Netflix
If there’s one thing that Netflix is better at than the other platforms, it’s releasing a ridiculous amount of content every month – and October is no different! But not to worry, we’ve complied a shortlist for you to start with.
• Mr. Harrigan’s Phone (Oct 5): A young boy befriends an elderly billionaire and begins asking him for advice. The young boy then gives him a cell phone. However, when the man dies, the boy discovers that the can communicate with his friend from the grave. (Horror)
• Conversations with a Killer: The Jeffrey Dahmer Tapes (Oct 7): In this new season of Conversations with a Killer, viewers can listen to Jeffrey Dahmer confesses to his gruesome crimes. (True Crime | Documentary)
• Luckiest Girl Alive (Oct 7): Based on the book by Jessica Knoll and starring Mila Kunis, a woman’s perfect NYC life begins to unravel when a true-crime documentarian forces her to confront her high school trauma. (Mystery | Thriller)
• The Midnight Club (Oct 7): Inside a center for terminally ill teenagers, members of an exclusive club make a pact: the first of them to die must try to send a sign from beyond the grave. Based on the book by Christopher Pike. (Horror | Mystery)
• Someone Borrowed (Oct 11): To grant his mother’s dying wish and avoid being struck from her will, a professional bachelor hires an actress to play his fiancée. (Romantic Comedy)
• From Scratch (Oct 21): Starring Zoe Saldana, a woman in Italy for study abroad falls in love with an Italian chef and embarks on a life-changing journey of love, loss, resilience and hope across cultures and continents. Based on the book by Tembi Locke. (Romance | Drama)
• The Good Nurse (Oct 26): In this series starring Jessica Chastain and Eddie Redmayne as overworked ICU nurses, people become suspicious as more and more unexpected deaths begin occurring on their shifts. (Mystery | Thriller)
• All Quiet on the Western Front (Oct 28): Based on the novel by Erich Maria Remarque, when a 17-year-old boy joins the Western Front in World War I, his excitement quickly turns sour as the realities of war and life in the trenches sink in.
What’s Streaming on Disney+
Disney+ has really been ramping it into overdrive when it comes to releasing new content – and this month promises some excellent entertainment!
• Werewolf By Night (Oct 7): On a dark night, a secret group of monster hunters gather following the death of their leader. (Horror)
• Into the Woods (Oct 14): This musical is a modern twist on several Brothers Grimm fairy tales, intertwining the tales and exploring the consequences of the character’s actions! While this movie has been out since 2014, this is a new sing-along version! (Family | Musical)
• Tales of the Jedi (Oct 26): In this miniseries, each story will feature a different Jedi from the prequel era! Episodes included feature Liam Neeson as his Star Wars prequel role Qui-Gon Jinn, Count Dooku, and Ahsoka Tano. (Sci-Fi)
• Mysterious Benedict Society S2 (Oct 26): Following the events of season one, the Mysterious Benedict Society is reunited. When Mr. Benedict and Number Two go missing, the kids take it upon themselves to go find them. (Family | Action)
What’s Streaming on Prime Video
As for Amazon Prime, you’ll likely be continuing to watch the most expensive TV show ever created, Rings of Power, but there a several other movies and shows you should consider adding to your watchlist!
• Catherine Called Birdy (Oct 7): In medieval England, the daughter of a financially destitute Lord (portrayed by Sherlock’s Andrew Scott) thwarts her father’s plans to marry her off to a vile but wealthy suitor (Russell Brand). (Comedy | Adventure)
• The Peripheral (Oct 21): Starring Chloe Grace Moretz, this series is set in a future where technology has subtly altered society. A woman discovers a connection to an alternate reality and a dark future of her own. (Sci-Fi | Thriller)
• Run Sweetheart Run (Oct 28): This film starring Ella Balinska (of Charlie’s Angels fame) and Pilou Ashaek (Game of Thrones) premiered at the 2020 Sundance Film Festival. After what begins as a simple dinner date, a single mom finds herself hunted by a monstrous and seemly unstoppable assailant. (Horror | Thriller)
Watchlist Upgrade Engage!
So, now that your watchlist is updated and you’re queued up and ready to go, the question remains – is your TV or audio equipment up to the challenge? If the answer is no, or if you’re just ready for an upgrade, you can find it at Toton’s TV!
And if you have any questions, stop by or give us a call – we’ll help you upgrade your binge-watching set-up!